|Location |||Hamburg, Altstädter Strasse/Burchardplatz|
|Usage |||Office, retail and gastronomy|
|Space |||Approx. 37,000 m²|
|Planning |||Kleffel, Köhnholdt und Partner Architekten, Hamburg|
|Completion |||RRevitalisation in 2002|
The Sprinkenhof is one of Hamburg’s most distinguished Kontorhaus buildings and has dominated the city’s central old town since its construction on Burchardplatz. The building was designed by renowned architects Höger und Gerson in 1927. Its basement was occupied by Hamburg’s first underground car park.
The ABG Real Estate Group purchased this monument to urban development and completed the extensive refurbishment of the complex in 2002 according to plans by Hamburg-based architects Kleffel, Köhnholdt und Partner. The principal challenge was the listed brickwork façade and the traditional scorching of the bricks themselves. Behind the historic walls is a modern and highly efficient office and commercial building.