Frankfurt, 8 January 2020 – As from 1 January 2020, Mr Ulrich Höller has joined ABG Real Estate Group, Munich (previously known as ABG Allgemeine Bauträgergesellschaft mbH & Co. Kommanditgesellschaft, Munich) as Managing Partner. 53-year-old Mr Höller will be responsible for leading ABG's operations as the company's CEO and will be based in Frankfurt, where ABG is represented by a separate entity. For the past five years, Mr Höller has been at the helm of GEG German Estate Group AG, first as Chairman of the Management Board and most recently as Chairman of the Supervisory Board. Since 2015 he has built up GEG into a company holding a real estate portfolio now worth more than €4bn.
In overseeing ABG’s operations, Mr Höller follows in the footsteps of entrepreneur Dr Walter Wübben, age 74, who will step back to his role as a shareholding partner. As planned, Dr Rainer Sticken, age 69, will leave ABG for reasons of age in spring 2020, making Dr Wübben and Mr Höller the sole shareholders.
With the arrival of the year 2020, ABG has changed its name to ABG Real Estate Group and modified its corporate structure to form three divisions. The core business, ABG Development, is responsible for project developments and their implementation. ABG Immobilienmanagement is the division for rental, financing and asset management, while ABG Capital covers the investment business (including third-party investors). This organisational set-up allows for a clear focus and sharpening of the company's core competencies.
A fresh website, including detailed information on current ABG projects, will go live in mid-January 2020.
About Mr Ulrich Höller:
- With degrees in business administration and real estate economics, Ulrich Höller has served in management positions across the real estate industry since 1991.
- He started at a young age as Managing Director of a project development company with operations all over Germany.
- For 15 years, he held the reins of DIC Asset AG as CEO of the Management Board; in 2006, he took DIC Asset AG public.
- In 2015, he then joined GEG German Estate Group AG as Chairman of the Management Board, turning the company into a leading investment and asset management platform for commercial property.
- In the course of his career, he has been responsible for prominent project and urban district developments across Germany, including spectacular landmark projects with a particular focus on Frankfurt/Main.
- He contributes his expertise to numerous supervisory boards and advisory committees across the industry, e.g. to the German Property Federation (ZIA), in which he serves on the Executive Board and as Vice-President.
- In 2009, the Urban Land Institute bestowed its ULI Germany Leadership Award upon Mr Höller.
- In 2012, he received the MIPIM Award in Cannes, together with DIC Asset AG, for the MainTor development in Frankfurt am Main.
- In 2013, the jury of the Immobilienwirtschaft specialist journal chose him as Real Estate Head of the year.